Carbs are incredible . . . besides when you are on a diet. Then they can be in all places, making it nearly unattainable to uncover healthy food items possibilities. Most recipes use rice or pasta as a base, and there’s only so numerous times you can try to eat veggies ahead of you run out of recipe concepts.
But there is a fantastic remedy that both equally preferences incredible and scratches the itch for carbs immediately after so a lot of times without: riced cauliflower. This broccoli-impersonator is ready to be ground down into a delicious rice equal, permitting you to make your favorite foods without the added calories.
The good news is, we searched via the online to locate the very best riced cauliflower recipes to support get you started off. Get your rice cookers and let’s get cooking!
Mediterranean Cauliflower Rice
This initial addition to our list of delicious riced cauliflower recipes has a excellent, bold taste that’s uncomplicated to make and awesome to eat!
- 1 medium-to-huge head cauliflower or 16 ounces keep-acquired cauliflower rice
- ½ cup sliced almonds
- 2 tablespoons added-virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed or minced
- Pinch of red pepper flakes (omit if sensitive to spice)
- ¼ teaspoon fine sea salt
- ½ cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- If you are performing with a head of cauliflower, reduce it into medium chunks and discard the main. Operating in batches, pulse the chunks in a foodstuff processor with the S-blade until eventually they are damaged into small items, just greater than couscous.
- Wrap the cauliflower rice in a clean up tea towel or paper towels, twist, and squeeze as much drinking water as doable from the rice – you may be stunned by how considerably drinking water you can wring out.
- Toast the almonds in a big skillet above medium heat, stirring frequently, until eventually they are aromatic and starting up to transform golden on the edges, about three to five minutes. Transfer the toasted almonds to a bowl to cool.
- Return the skillet to the heat and include the olive oil & garlic. Cook dinner though stirring right up until the garlic is fragrant, about 10 to twenty seconds. Include the cauliflower rice, pink pepper flakes and salt, and stir to mix. Prepare dinner, stirring just each moment or so, until the cauliflower rice is scorching and turning golden in spots, about 6 to ten minutes.
- Take out the skillet from the warmth. Stir in the toasted almonds, parsley and lemon juice. Year to flavor with salt and pepper, and provide heat.
Parmesan Cauliflower Rice Skillet
Want a mouth watering base for your foods that does not pack on the carbs? This up coming addition to our listing of riced cauliflower recipes is for you!
- 1 cauliflower, grated
- 1/2 white onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 oz contemporary Parmesan, finely grated
- 2 tablespoons vegetable stock
- Juice of 1/2 lemon (+ zest, if you like)
- 1 teaspoon Red chili pepper flakes, optional
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter divided
- Refreshing parsley, chopped
- To make the parmesan cauliflower rice: In a medium skillet, melt 2 tablespoons of butter. Fry the garlic and onion for 1 minute until finally fragrant — be mindful not to burn off.
- Incorporate the riced cauliflower to the skillet and stir to blend anything alongside one another effectively and coat in melted butter. Prepare dinner, stirring regularly for 1 moment.
- Stir in the 2 tablespoons vegetable inventory, about 50 % the parsley, and lemon zest (if working with). Cook dinner for a person moment to reduce juices then increase the lemon juice and parmesan cheese.
- Adjust seasoning as desired. Stir in the remaining parsley. Provide with fresh cracked black pepper, pink chili pepper flakes, and far more parmesan. Enjoy!
Cauliflower Fried Rice
This final addition to our listing of incredible riced cauliflower recipes will have you trying to keep the consider out menus in the drawer.
- 1 medium head, about 24 oz cauliflower, rinsed
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 egg whites
- 1 significant egg
- pinch of salt
- cooking spray
- 1/2 little onion, diced great
- 1/2 cup frozen peas and carrots
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 5 scallions, diced, whites and greens divided
- 3 tbsp soy sauce, or additional to taste
- Remove the core and enable the cauliflower dry completely.
- Coarsely chop into florets, then position 50 % of the cauliflower in a foodstuff processor and pulse until the cauliflower is modest and has the texture of rice or couscous – do not over procedure or it will get mushy. Established aside and repeat with the remaining cauliflower.
- Combine egg and egg whites in a little bowl and conquer with a fork. Period with salt.
- Heat a huge saute pan or wok around medium heat and spray with oil.
- Include the eggs and cook, turning a several times right until established – set apart.
- Include the sesame oil and saute onions, scallion whites, peas, carrots, and garlic about three to 4 minutes or right up until comfortable. Increase the warmth to medium-high.
- Increase the cauliflower “rice” to the saucepan alongside with soy sauce. Mix, go over and cook about five to six minutes, stirring often, until finally the cauliflower is a little bit crispy on the exterior but tender on the inside.
- Add the egg, and then take out from heat and blend in scallion greens.
Have any other delectable riced cauliflower recipes? Fall them beneath in the reviews to keep the rice cooker scorching!