August is Countrywide Catfish Thirty day period. There is a thing distinctive about catfish, Teresa Henson, Extension professional-method outreach coordinator at the College of Arkansas at Pine Bluff, claimed. “It’s that Southern tradition that can make us imagine about family fish fries, dinners, cookouts and gatherings.”
Catfish is a excellent source of protein and is reduced in energy and fat, specially when not fried, she said. The American Heart Affiliation very suggests that you take in two servings of protein for every week. Catfish is a great supply of vitamin B12, which is located in animal products. The vitamin B12 resource can assist the body’s nerve and blood cells.
“Try this tasty twist on a standard dish will have your family members asking for extra,” Henson claimed.
Oven-fried catfish with stir-fry greens
Helps make 6 servings – a single piece of fish and 1 cup of greens for every serving.
Time: 45 minutes
· Nonstick cooking spray
· 1 pound catfish fillets, slice into 6 equivalent items
· 4 teaspoons Soulful Seasoning
· ½ cup egg substitute
· 1½ cups cornmeal
· 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
· ¼ cup chopped onion
· 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
· 1 pound collard greens, chopped
1. Place an oven rack on the base stage of the oven. Preheat oven to 400˚F.
2. Spray a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
3. Sprinkle both equally sides of fish with Soulful Seasoning.
4. Dip fish into egg substitute and roll in cornmeal.
5. Prepare fish on a baking sheet so that the pieces do not touch. Bake for 20 minutes.
6. Decrease heat to 350˚F and bake until eventually crust is golden and fish flakes conveniently, about 5 minutes extra.
7. While the fish is baking, heat oil around medium heat in a significant skillet.
8. Sauté onion and garlic right up until tender, about 3 to 5 minutes.
9. Add collard greens and cook, stirring usually, till they transform vibrant environmentally friendly and limp.
10. Provide every single piece of fish alongside 1 cup of greens.
Dietary Information and facts
Total Fats: 7 g
Saturated Fat: 1 g
Trans Body fat: g
Cholesterol: 57 mg
Sodium: 98 mg
Total Carbohydrate: 32 g
Dietary Fiber: 4 g
Protein: 23 g
Resource: Recipes from SNAP-Ed Partners. cachampionsforchange.cdph.ca.gov/en/recipes/Internet pages/Oven-Fried-Catfish-with-Stir-Fry-Greens.aspx.
The University of Arkansas at Pine Bluff provides all its Extension and Investigation applications and products and services with no regard to race, color, sex, gender identification, sexual orientation, national origin, faith, age, incapacity, marital or veteran status, genetic information and facts, or any other legally protected standing, and is an Affirmative Action/Equal Prospect Employer.